CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Sweet Dreams


One of my favorite parts of the day is bedtime, that is when it goes well. We always do baths before bed and I love the smell of my fresh out of the bath babies. Wet hair snuggled underneath my chin as we read our bedtime books will be one of my favorite memories of raising young children. Right now Finn is loving the Max and Ruby and Little Critter books. After reading the Little Critter books, we flip the book over to look at the mini images of all the different titles and we have to go over each one. We talk about which ones we have read, which we have and what one he wants to get next. We have been reading books together since the day I brought Finn home from the hospital. At that time we read I Love You Through and Through every night. He now can read the book to Lucie. After baths and books we head to the bedroom for prayers and night songs. We sing Rockabye Baby, You Are My Sunshine and Twinkle Twinkle every night. Somewhere along the line Brian and Finn began singing God Bless America together, which Finn now can sing by himself. I love bedtime and will be so sad when he no longer needs us to go through his routine, but I hope we have many more years of sweet bedtimes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment