CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Earth Day


I know that you are suppose to wait until Mother's Day to start planting, but being the big risk takers we are we decided to chance it. Earth Day was a gorgeous day so we celebrated with a picnic at the park, cleaning up trash and planting. After preschool, we picked up lunch and headed to the park for a picnic. When we got home, we picked up all the trash and old leaves that had blown in from the cornfield behind our place. Finally, we planted some new flowers. Finn got to pick out his flowers himself and chose some in his favorite color, red. He was responsible for planting his flowers and keeping them watered. He is very good at keeping them watered, I hope they are able to survive will all the love and care they are receiving. I weeded the area around my tree and planted some new flowers. I have since noticed that Finn "planted" some dandelions he had picked right where I had weeded. He just can't understand why our neighbor keeps trying to "kill the pretty yellow flowers". I love the bunches of dandelions he picks me every day. They are the most precious flowers I have ever received.











No comments:

Post a Comment