CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Patterns


Over the winter we did a lot of work on making patterns. We made patterns out of shapes, colors, blocks, beads, etc. Most of the time I initiated these activities and asked Finn what came next. Lately, he has started making them on his own. He beaded a necklace with an A B C pattern and has been making patterns out of his coloring. He even makes lunch time into patterns- a bite of spaghetti, a bite of peaches, a bite of spaghetti, a bite of peaches, etc. Yesterday, he came running into the kitchen telling me to come see the AB pattern he had made. He was so excited that he could make a pattern using red and blue cars from Cars. I also realized that we really have a ridiculous amount of Lightening McQueens. It is so exciting to see the lessons I have begun teaching him take root and watch him explore them on his own.

1 comment:

  1. what a little smartie-pants Finn is! Makes me realize how much more I could be teaching my kids! He looks SO big sitting next to Lucie. I love her smiles.

    ReplyDelete